<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 02, 2005

Going to give this another go around. Inspired by Mudville Gazette's post here: http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/002684.html
Will treat as a journal initially of things that I find interesting. Off work today in an attempt to get some MBA homework done that is due by midnight. As you can see trying to find reasons not to get started. Started my fifth course. Still pulling straight A's with one A- from a Business Law course. In the immortal words of Maxwell Smart, " Missed it by THAT much."
Latest course is Accounting for Management Decision Makers. Taking all my courses through the University of Phoenix. I am very happy with the pace and material so far. Have enjoyed myself and learned a great deal. I am also meeting a broad range of professionals with very interesting backgrounds for team assignments. All work is via Web.
One downside is it is kinda pricey, but my work is picking up 2/3rd's of the price tag so I probably shouldn't complain....too much.
One thing that it has made me do is stretch my mind a bit. Between taking the MBA courses and reading blogs all day I am finding an increasing thirst for learning.
My pleasure reading is usually limited to what I call beer and pretzels science fiction, but for the first time I ordered a book on economics from Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/006073132X/qid=1115054663/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-6253370-4503936?v=glance&s=books&n=507846 called Freakonomics. Basically taking societies conventional wisdom and applying economic principles to number crunch unusual data and often turn conventional wisdom on its head. I highly recommend it. It does NOT read like a stiff text book. I read it in a day.
Ok...Off to do some homework....really...I gave my latest Sid Meier's Pirates game to my wife to hold until I had this done. My 15 year old son will probably be looking for it when he gets home, but that's another story. As they say in England...Cheers!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com